A huge ammount of money

Home » Forums » Investments » A huge ammount of money

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Koolman
    Participant

What would you do if you get a huge amount of money? My friend found himself in a situation where his grandfather left him a present before he died, but he is not so sure what to do with it. I see him spending too much, and I can already see how it won’t last long. I would like to help him and advise him.

John
    Participant

Hey, great ideas for your friend! I am a little bit of jealous. Just kidding, of course. Well, if you have already realized that he is spending so much like there is no tomorrow, have you tried to tell him that? It would be the best to invest it in something. I won’t ask how much money is that, and you don’t even need to answer that question. But, does your friend has a great job and a great salary? If he does, maybe he knows that he spends that much but doesn’t care.

Bambale
    Participant

Haha, you John made me laugh about being jealous. Although, I cannot say I wouldn’t like to get such amount of money for myself. Koolman we are waiting for your answers about your friend’s financial status. Only, in that case, we can advise you better. But, if you ask me, no matter how much money a person may have, it can be all lost when someone doesn’t think how he or she spends. So, the investment would be the best solution definitely.

Koolman
    Participant

Yes, you are right Bambale, I didn’t give enough info definitely. Well, I would say that he isn’t so rich, but he is also not a poor guy. Although, I am not so sure about his real financial situation because he behaved all of his life like he has tons of money. He likes to spend so much. And about the investments, I don’t know, his parents have a farm, maybe he thinks that he will live from that later in life. He still spends all the time, he won’t stop. I tried to talk about some investments but he just said that he needs to chill out a bit.

Kerry100
    Participant

You should try to talk with him, just choose the right moment. Try to give your friend some examples of those people who have invested some amount of money in some business or a project, and they are now without any worries. It is all up to you to choose the right moment. I am sure that you know some people from your personal life who already had some huge amount of money, and did nothing good with it, but only having some life pleasures. Also, you know that these don’t last long, so try to think of some great model that succeeded while investing. Someone else will maybe tell their own story, I am totally sure that there are people who were in the same situation. And don’t worry, although it is your friend, it is not all up to you, it is your choice to help him.

Koolman
    Participant

You are right Kerry, about giving the right example. I will try this afternoon, we are going to some local pub, so I will try to talk with him, in a friendly way, but also in such a way that he actually can see the point of my story.

Philip D
    Participant

Hey Koolman, how it went with your friend? You know what, it doesn’t matter how much money someone has, no one actually has to waste it. Who would run away from more money? Investment is a great opinion, and I am sure that you think the same way because you put this topic in the investment part of the forum

Koolman
    Participant

Hey dear people, thank you all so much for your time. We talked about it, sorry for the late reply. He just isn’t into investing, he said that he doesn’t want to risk. Yes, it may sound silly. I have tried my best, and you have too. His final conclusion is that he feels like he won it on the lottery and that he didn’t expect it, so that is why he wants just to enjoy that money and to do all those stuff he wasn’t able before. Thank you all once again!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.