How to become a successful financial manager?

Home » Forums » Investments » How to become a successful financial manager?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    adamjonesvv
    Participant

Today there are numerous training and conferences on the question of becoming the right manager for your organization. And what if you have all professional skills, which are needed for this particular kind of position? What about the skills and features, which you cannot read in books about? And what do you think a financial manager should have among his/her skills?

Georgie
    Participant

I think the very first skill everyone – not only financial managers should have – is being polite. No, seriously. You cannot predict when your opportunity is going to appear – during the train travel, in the cab or on a party. Practice good manners with strangers and this will improve the way other people communicate with you. The easiest option to react to the challenges is to become rude and full of sarcasm. Nevertheless, being polite and generous is the core for your success.

Yotamion
    Participant

I also would add being consistent and productive. There are many differences of successful people from the crowd. One of the most essential is an ability to maintain their productivity and organize everything. Successful people are punctual in their work and personal life. And of course as a financial manager, you should always learn and improve Modern books on personality have one particular thought that goes through all the messages. It sounds like “Be the best version of you”. It was right to compare current yourself with you some months or years ago.

adamjonesvv
    Participant

Thanks, guys! What do you think about being calm? A lot of businesspeople in their book speak about leaders and their characteristics. One of the key features, which are critical, is about the ability to be calm during stressful situations. Of course, you should not sit and do nothing, but thinking when you are composed is much better.

Georgie
    Participant

Staying calm is one of my personal goals for this year actually :) Everyone should have this skill, I think. I also think going into details when planning something is important. Most of the people strive to finish their project planning as soon as possible without thinking of details. A successful business owner will go through all parts of the project and discover the basics. Prepare better and soon you will understand it matters.

Yotamion
    Participant

I guess that financial managers should be very goal-oriented. So I would suggest you to take as much work as you can handle and then a little more. You should always strive to be better than you were yesterday in everything – work, education, sport and even personal life.

Do not be afraid to read more books than you’ve planned, or work more on your own business. This is going to take a lot of efforts and time, but be sure that it is worst it. Do not give up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.