How to set up goals?

Home » Forums » Personal Finance » How to set up goals?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    John
    Participant

You success cannot be proven without the concrete set of goals for the long-term basis. The main reason why people cannot get to the point they need is that they cannot clearly identify it. There are lots of researches, which show that people’s careers and productivity are highly dependent from the goals they set. How do you plan your goals? Any secrets, suggestions?

Matt B
    Participant

In my opinion, goal should be specific.

When you are planning something, make sure it is a specific goal with concrete vision. For instance, many marathon runners are using visualization when thinking about their next run and feel the moment of success. You should be as clear as possible to consider the right goal. When you plan something in a broad way, you won’t achieve a result.

Koolman
    Participant

Agree on the statement above. Also I will add that the goal should be measurable Try to set up the goal, which you can measure. “Travelling to many countries” is not the goal, but more like a dream. “Travelling to 3 countries this summer” seems like a measurable goal with the specific number of countries you want to explore.

Philip D
    Participant

You should be sure that the goal you’ve decided to achieve totally depends on your own experience and knowledge. Do not try to set goals because somebody has that goal for himself. Work hard to achieve the goal and you will be successful.

John
    Participant

Thanks, guys! Good points.

Philip D
    Participant

According to my experience, many goals should be interconnected. Make sure that your goals are connected with each other. For instance, you can plan a goal regarding your career as well as the other goal regarding your personal life. Think about the productivity and efficiency of the goals before the start.

John
    Participant

Also I will add that all your goals should be realistic. Do not try to set as many goals as possible. Try to be realistic and combine your time, efforts and plans to ensure you can achieve the goals soon. You should understand what do you want to do with your personal finance in the nearest future. If you decide to purchase a house – go for it.

John
    Participant

Thanks for your opinions!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.