How to start investing?

Home » Forums » Investments » How to start investing?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Georgie
    Participant

I am a newbie when it comes to investing, but I have realized that I need to start as soon as possible. I am young, although I am a bit scared for my future. You know, students loans etc. Did someone go through the same situation? I may say that I am a little bit afraid to start, so any advice or motivation would be helpful.

Yorkie11
    Participant

You have said that you are a newbie. I was once too. Literally with no money. Investing with no money, sounds ridiculous, right? Well, it isn’t. I started with the cookie jar. Really, I quit my bad habits and put some money there (I would spend on alcohol earlier). It was just a start, to keep you motivated that you really want to invest. What I did next was that I enrolled in my employer’s retirement plan. You can invest for example 2% of your salary, just for the beginning.

John
    Participant

I would say that for investing one needs to have an idea. Of course, such an idea won’t become the truth unless a person works on it. Changing your habits, the way of thinking, the way of looking at money etc. I see people who fail while investing because they don’t plan it. You need to have a strong plan and of course to stick to it.

Yotamion
    Participant

Do you have a partner? Maybe you can start investing easier that way. It can be your best friend, or your wife, or even a girlfriend-if you trust them enough. If you want to invest and make your own business, then you need to know that things are much more serious in that area. Of course, I don’t know you, and because of that I cannot say anything about you, but the best thing for investing in a business would definitely be to search the market first. You need to be unique to succeed.

Bambale
    Participant

Take up some side job. It doesn’t have to take away from you a lot of time, but something you think you can do daily for about 3-4 hours. Think about all the hobbies you have, maybe you can earn something from these? If you are good at writing, you can start a blog, for example. You have a lot of stories around the web in which people earned money and started investing with their hobbies.

Moshino7
    Participant

What helped me the most when it comes to investing, it was definitely putting my money in the low-initial-investment mutual funds. If you don’t know what investment mutual funds are, they are actually investment securities that will allow you to invest in such a portfolio that has stocks and bonds. You will be able to do it with a single transaction, which is perfect for the new investors.

Georgie
    Participant

Hey, Moshino7 I have been thinking about that but didn’t know anyone with the same experience. You have helped me a lot. Also, all you of you have great advice.

Yotamion
    Participant

Yes, that advice is a great one. Think if you have a proper partner you can rely on, it can be your best friend for example or somebody who is already into investing. You can do it together easily. Of course, such thing would require a lot of trust and energy.

Georgie
    Participant

Unfortunately, I do not have a partner I could rely on, but I am thinking about hiring a financial adviser. I would love to have a partner, but that’s not going to happen. Anyways, after your advice, I think I may be ready to try. Thank you all so much! Wish you all the best!

Philip D
    Participant

Don’t worry about a partner, that financial adviser would be a perfect option and solution if you ask me! He helped so much that I don’t believe I would endure the hard times without him. You need someone who is well trained and educated about that topic specifically, and the financial adviser would definitely be a perfect choice. He will give you the best advice about any particular situation, and believe me, you won’t lost anymore. It may happen that a person lost its motivation through the whole journey of investments, but that advisor will keep you right on the track! Good luck and don’t worry, you will be in the right hands!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.