Pros and cons of online banking

Home » Forums » Online Banking » Pros and cons of online banking

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Bambale
    Participant

Can you give me the most important pros and cons when it comes to online banking? I was curious about it all, about paying fees for example, and why someone does or not.

Koolman
    Participant

I can think of some benefits, hoping that someone will also add the cons. What I love the most about online baking are definitely the low fees and high yield interest rate. How minimal fees? When you try to compare to some traditional saving account, you will easily realize that they have higher prices because their overhead is always lower.

Philip D
    Participant

What about superior website interface that they have online? When you think about it, it may not interest you at first, but trust me, it has a very importance! You don’t want to spend 2 hours just trying to figure out how to check your bank account, right? That is exactly why I love it, today it seems like even a kid can understand such website. That is actually great because you won’t feel confused anytime. I hate being confused, I always feel like someone is hiding something from me.

Michelle4y
    Participant

I love it because opening an account is very simple and very quick. You don’t need to worry if you will be able to do it properly because it is very easy. You can do anything you need online at any time you need it. But as the cons, I would say that I have experienced their websites to go down. What about you Philip? You said that you had just great experience with their websites. I hate it when it goes down, and it mostly happens when I need it the most. You know how that goes…

Bambale
    Participant

Wow, so many answers. You guys are real pros. Yes, I am always in some kind of the anxiety when it comes to online banking, but when I think a bit, I really need it in my life. What Michelle says is what I am afraid of the most. Something going down or not having a possibility to get my money when I need it, it sounds like a nightmare.

Georgie
    Participant

What I really don’t like about online banking that it may happen that you cannot go to a branch. What do I mean by saying that? I feel lonely sometimes because I work so much online and I need to talk to someone face to face. You know, it is comfortable to talk with someone like that, you cannot explain everything online, don’t you agree? Or is just me?

Zelter
    Participant

I would like to ad high ATM fees. Whenever it took a fee, I always wonder what could I’ve done with all of that money. But, okay, that is how the things work. The best would be to get higher amounts of money because it isn’t cheap if you take a small part, and the fees stay the same.

John
    Participant

Have you heard about a term ‘playing the waiting time’? That is what I hate about online banking, although I really agree with all the pros it has. Georgie already said how online banks don’t have branches, and I can correlate playing the waiting time with it. What are your options if you don’t have branches? You will find yourself with not many options. You can either make the deposits or withdrawals. All these can be limited to ACH transfers. You will end up either that, or a mobile checkup deposit, or even direct deposit.

Bambale
    Participant

You are totally right John, I have never thought about it. Also, I have never heard of a branch. Now I definitely have a better idea about it all. Although it has some pros and cons, as any other option, I would still use it. But yes, you helped me a lot to understand it all better. Thank you all so much for your time and patience, and of course, for sharing your knowledge with me!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.