Struggling with debt

Home » Forums » Credit » Struggling with debt

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    John
    Participant

Hey ladies and gentlemen, I came up to this forum while searching for some online advice. I finally realized how deep I went into struggling with credit card debts. I want to know if any of you had same issues? I am sure that people have this problem too, and that I am not the only one, but I simply don’t know from where to start and whom to trust, after reading so many articles about it.

Kerry100
    Participant

Hello John, I was in the same position for quite a long time. Oh man, how exhausting that was!! I would like to tell you that you definitely need to take so-called ”baby steps”. And what I think when I say that? I think that you definitely need to realize how a slow process that actually is. What helped me the most is to target just one card first.

Matt B
    Participant

Many people struggle with debts nowadays, and I can relate. First of all, think about the depts you are in. Some may be good-the ones that helped you to achieve something. Change your way of thinking first, definitely… I was never debt free until I realized that I need to create my own budget and stick to it. Also, I am well aware that some uninspected situations may happen, but you can save for such things on your own. All best!

Bambale
    Participant

I never realized that credit card was actually my real enemy until I went in the deep minus with it. When you don’t see cash, you don’t realize how much you spend. Try to earn more and not to spend your money on anything you don’t need, until you get rid of debt. I agree with Kerry about the ”baby steps”. If you have multiple debts, start from anywhere literally, just start. Of course, there is one more great thing people often forget-when thinking that you cannot do it, imagine yourself that you have already achieved it.

Koolman
    Participant

I agree with everyone here, great advice for John. Maybe you have some bad habit that costs much? I used to smoke a lot and go out with friends to a local pub. It didn’t put me in a minus, but it surely helped to break those habits when I was in debt. Luckily for me, my wife gave me an ultimatum. And, yes, she won, and I won. I’ve changed my habits and saved a lot of money, and we are finally debt free.

Philip D
    Participant

I also think that the fact that you don’t see the money and don’t think that you are spending it is the worst problem here. So, the best thing would be not to use these credit cards anymore, in your case. I am sure that you too have already realized that. How to get out of debt? Maybe to sell something you don’t use? You know how people have a lot of stuff they don’t use, but still, keep in their house. All best.

adamjonesvv
    Participant

If you have a friend, maybe you can borrow money from them. It is a much bigger obligation for you to have a debt to someone you trust and love. In that case, I think, you will be more disciplined and try everything to return them their money. Also, you can try to reduce your bills by saving water and electricity. Buy the local food, it is always cheaper.

Garnino
    Participant

I wouldn’t agree with a suggestion to borrow from a friend. It is a vicious circle. You need to stop borrowing from everyone. Yes, it will be a hard struggle but it will all pass. You will be very proud and very surprised when it all pass. How could you live like that? You will ask yourself daily, trust me. No one wants to live in chains, and you will never be free until you pay it off, and you know that.

John
    Participant

Wow, guys, you were so fast! Thank you so much! I agree with all of you, totally.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.