Taking credit for your children

Home » Forums » Credit » Taking credit for your children

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Yorkie11
    Participant

I was wondering if someone had a situation where he or she wanted to build a new house for their son or a daughter and took a credit for that purpose? He is now 22, and he is working, but I am trying to help him to get a good start in his life. Am I wrong for doing this? Will he be able to work together with on that? I am sure that I will be able to pay off at least 80%, but I never heard someone took credit in someone else’s name.

Kerry100
    Participant

I don’t know what to say about this exactly, but I would say that it is normal that parents are trying to build the best future for their children. In your case, I may say that I am proud of you because you want the best for your son. It is very hard on the nowadays days to build your own house in the 20s, so yes, you did a right thing. Although, you shouldn’t do it all by yourself, be sure that he really appreciates it and that he wants to work with you to pay it off.

Koolman
    Participant

I don’t know, you know your son the best. We can just guess here. But yes, it is normal that the parents want all the best for their children. I would say that it is totally normal that you want to help him. Hard days are now, and people cannot just buy or build their house in their 20s like our parents could, for example. How did he react to that?

Matt B
    Participant

I agree with the opinions of others. Yes, why wouldn’t you help your son? Every parent wants to create a good future for their children. You paid for his education too, right? Why would taking a credit be something different? Just try not to spoil him too much, you may end up with a situation where your child expects you to do everything for him. But, in your case, and as you have described it, it sounds like you won’t have such a problem.

Yorkie11
    Participant

I am trying to be the best father I can. Of course, what parent wouldn’t try the best for their children right? But yes, you are also right about that part in which I need to include him too. I may say that he is a hardworking young man and that I won’t have any problems. Just wanted to hear your stories, or the stories you may know of.

Matt B
    Participant

As we have told you, you are doing the right thing. And also, if I may notice, your son appreciates that and he is a good guy, so I don’t think you will have any issues with that. Besides that, you are also teaching him the business. Why am I saying this? Because you have told us that your son will pay off the part of it, so he will also learn so many lessons, because there is no easy way when talking about credit and the path of it. You are doing great!

Yorkie11
    Participant

Thank you so much, everyone! Yes, our children need some backup from their parents, so they know they are not alone. If this all turns out fine, and I know that it will, I will do the same to help my son with opening a business. I am so glad that all of you have the same opinion when it comes to helping your children. The hard times are here, and they cannot do it all just by themselves.

Garnino
    Participant

Yes, we wish you all the best! We know that you will succeed! I will follow your topics! It was nice to meet you all! You have awesome advice.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.