The best years for investment

Home » Forums » Investments » The best years for investment

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Terence
    Participant

I am about to turn 30 and I am not still sure if I can handle such stress when it comes to opening my own businesses. The money isn’t a problem, but my father thinks that now is the right time. What do you think about it? I know that if I want to make something big for my future family (still don’t have one), I need to start, right? Can someone share their experiences when it comes to investments in the 20s, 30s or 40s?

adamjonesvv
    Participant

Hello Terence. I will tell you my experience, hoping it will help. When I was in my 20s I didn’t care much and I thought the future will somehow figure itself out. How? I didn’t think about it. But, when I was in the late 20s I met a wonderful girl (didn’t have much luckiness with girls earlier), and after just 2 years she wanted to marry me. Wow, how shocked I was. Also, she was pregnant, and I realized that we wouldn’t be able to live with one income. So, as soon as better. You said that you have resources, and besides that, you just need an idea and a little bit of courage. All best!

Koolman
    Participant

Wow, nice topic. I would say that theory doesn’t play many roles here. I was 40 when I started my business and succeeded. Now I am 50, and I wonder why haven’t I started earlier. But, when I think about the 20s and 30s I can easily realize that I actually didn’t have any chances to succeed. I wasn’t ready, didn’t have an idea, didn’t have a plan, was so unorganized etc. It is all in your head, and of course, explore your circumstances. Good luck!

Yorkie11
    Participant

You need to start investing as soon as you can. Starting to invest little by little even if you are a student or in your early twenties will not just help you to become some kind of a successful businessman, but it will help you to realize how to it all by yourself. You will gain self-confidence, and that is exactly what it is all about. Little by little…

John
    Participant

I would say that the best years would definitely be the early 30s. You are mature enough to understand how life functions. Also, you are able to have some vision of your future-will you get married or not, have kids or not, invest in some business etc. I don’t think that after the 30s is late, but I know many successful people and they claim that the time is always important. You need to endure all that physically too.

Philip D
    Participant

I would agree with John, but of course, everyone is different. It depends on how you grow up too, and when did you grow up. Some people are adults in their 20s, and they have great models when it comes to their parents. If someone in your family is already doing the same, you are the lucky one and you will learn faster.

Garnino
    Participant

It is never too late if you know what you are doing and what is your goal. I had a neighbor that was in the late 40s, he suddenly got a chance to invest in his own business, and he succeeded. Yes, it takes a lot of strength, courage, and patience, but now he doesn’t have to worry anymore about his children and his future.

Michelle4y
    Participant

The best thing when talking about investing would definitely be to decide that you don’t want to borrow money from anyone anymore. When you succeed that, you will be able to work on your emergency fund, so you will never again experience the same situation in your life. Let’s say that everyone needs an emergency fund of $1, 000. From that you can start, you definitely need to be independent as much as you can. It doesn’t matter what your age is, the point is the same.

Terence
    Participant

Thank you so much people it helped me a lot! I’ve been taking notes and will try to implement your advice! Kind regards!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.