What do you think about taking a student loan?

Home » Forums » Credit » What do you think about taking a student loan?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Bambale
    Participant

Let’s talk about student loans. There are not many countries, where students are paying for their study with the help of student loans. The United States of America is considered being a country, where every person studies with the loan on the particular conditions and terms. What do you think about taking a student loan?

John
    Participant

As far as I know, the loan is always a high responsibility for parents as well as children. When you finish the school, the first thing you should think about is your investment and an opportunity to earn money to close the deal successfully. I would say that if you are interested in getting a loan, try to learn about the personal budgeting and ability to save money smart before you are dealing with the student loan itself. Also it is essential to know whether it is better to use bank or cash savings to pay out the loan. So I would also suggest you to learn all these topics. If you can maintain regular payments as well as participate in the accurate personal budget planning – you will become successful.

Yorkie11
    Participant

Hi there. Several years ago before entering a university, I analyzed an overall information about student loans as well as pros and cons of it. And actually I think taking student loans is a huge risk. Basically what I’ve learned is that loan means a long-term agreement with the educational center. This particular commitment means that you will have to work for this particular loan and think about the opportunity to maintain the regular payments in the future successfully. In the situation when you cannot make regular payments on time, you will face the risk of having the adverse credit history. Each loan agreement means that you should maintain the payments with the particular interest rate in the absolute terms. When you are late, you have different penalties, which usually depend on the certain local bank or financial organization. Taking the loan is considered being a huge stress for your and your family. Are you sure you want to start the process?

Philip D
    Participant

What do you think about taking a student loan?

Thanks for starting this topic here! I have also read a lot of information about student loans and also have visited local banks to get more details on interest rates and terms and conditions. And truly saying for me nowadays taking any loan is a kind of risky situation.

I would prefer to pay cash. Of course, if I had it as much as needed :)

John
    Participant

Thanks, Yorkie11.

I’ve also thought about risks and met several students describing their stories with the loans for education. This part is valuable:

Each loan agreement means that you should maintain the payments with the particular interest rate in the absolute terms.

Of course, there are numerous types of loans with its own interest rates and other conditions.

That’s why I continue investigating and looking for the most appropriate.

Philip D
    Participant

Also, you can go to the website of the Federal Student Aid, created by the U.S. Department of Education and get more information there. Remember that there are numerous myths about taking student loans so that you can change your opinion soon.

Bambale
    Participant

Yep,

Yorkie11

, that’s true. Thanks for the website – I’ll analyze it besides a ton of other links and articles suggested by other people.

Michelle4y
    Participant

If you have a cash – use it! Loan is always a trap as you should pay on time and pay with a certain interest rate, which is not ok for your personal budget. Believe me.

Bambale
    Participant

Michelle4y

I wish to have it =) Agree with you totally. But I cannot afford to study without a student loan so that I am looking for different options which I can maintain through years.

Michelle4y
    Participant

Everybody wishes =)

Good luck!

Yorkie11
    Participant

Indeed, cash is better =) But you took the right direction to analyse pros and cons of every option and choose the best one. Good luck from me also.

Bambale
    Participant

Thanks a lot, guys! Your comments were helpful. So positive people are sitting here =)

what I am going to do now is to analyze carefully each option, plan meetings in a couple of local banks and move forward with my decision. Have a good day all!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.