What everyone should know before getting a credit card

Home » Forums » Credit » What everyone should know before getting a credit card

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Terence
    Participant

Hey people, I noticed that there is not a theme like this one. Can we put it all together what someone needs to know before getting a credit card? I am curious myself. Also, I know that everyone has their story, so it will be a lot of help.

John
    Participant

Hey Terence, that is a great theme! I would like to discuss it, definitely. The first thing that comes to my mind is that people need to know what a credit card actually is. It looks like a debit card, but it is not the same. So, the funds won’t be removed directly from your account once you make some purchase, but it will be some sort of a short-term loan. I think that people often tend to forget this. But it is very important to know the difference.

Kerry100
    Participant

Yes, John is absolutely right, many people don’t know the difference. I would like to add that you should know a reason why are you getting the credit card in the first place. We all know how they come with numerous benefits, but what would be those that will serve you the most? I took a card because I wanted to build a credit, for example, and it does a great job for that. It can also help you to obtain some future loans. It may be a mortgage for example.

Moshino7
    Participant

Great advice from you all! Kerry, you are absolutely right! I would like to add one more very important thing that many people don’t even know. Have you heard about secured and unsecured credit cards? Do you know the difference? The first one is always backed by some cash deposit. Of course, it is often the card’s limit. The unsecured ones aren’t back up with any deposit.

Yorkie11
    Participant

I would like to add a little bit more information about what Moshino started explaining. He is absolutely right, of course, but it is also important to know how once when you want to cancel your card, it may be secured or unsecured one, you will in both ways receive your deposit back, so it doesn’t need to scare you. Of course, when it comes to prepaid cards, if you don’t have any cash on your account, you cannot get the money when you are closing it.

Matt B
    Participant

Wow, so many great information I haven’t thought about clearly. I wanted to add something that will interest everyone who wants to get a credit card. You should know how the grace period is working. If you didn’t know, you can actually get an interest-free loan. Besides that, there is also a grace period that usually lasts between 21 and 25 days. So, you can calculate your purchases to save some money. It is not that hard to understand it. I hope I was clear.

Terence
    Participant

Wow, so many important information at one place. I think that you have put it all together very well. Now, I see that I have missed some parts and didn’t know about it. Thank you all for your time and sharing your knowledge!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.