When baby arrives

Home » Forums » Personal Finance » When baby arrives

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    adamjonesvv
    Participant

I am sure that many of you needed to change your finances when a baby arrived. How much did you change? How can I change it for even better? You know, not buying what we don’t need etc. We have changed a lot since my daughter was born, but still not doing great as we want to.

Michelle4y
    Participant

Hey, we had the same problem. You know, everything seems sweet and you want the best for your baby etc. But, you don’t actually don’t need to much stuff. Borrow some clothes from your friends and relatives, you won’t believe how fast they grow. Instead of buying a water warmer, you can put a bottle under the shower with hot water for a minute. There you go… Bottle sanitizers? You don’t need these too. You can ”cook” the bottles about 20minutes and they will be sanitized.

Matt B
    Participant

Michelle, this advice is definitely awesome! I would add not buying too many toys because babies don’t even realize them-because you are the biggest toy. We bought too many we liked, but the baby didn’t give much attention to it. So, yes, you can save a lot of money by that. Also, you can say to your friends and relatives what do you need-because anyways, everyone will want to buy a present. Better to say what you really need than to get something you already have.

Bambale
    Participant

You can check up for some bonus cards that almost every shopping store has for babies. Buy on sale and always buy in bulk (the things you know you will need for a few months). Matt gave you a great advice about presents, I prefer it myself too. Also, try to make baby food at home-it is easy, costs less, and you will know what your baby eats.

John
    Participant

If it is your first child, then you will obviously need to buy some things. But of course, you don’t have to, you can borrow everything from your friends and relatives. Besides that, you have already heard that you will get a lot of presents. I would also like to tell you that you can save on you two-the parents. It may happen that a lot of food will stay uneaten, and you can freeze it. Besides that, when talking about babysitting, always ask for the grandparents or friends, and trust me, they will enjoy it.

adamjonesvv
    Participant

You are all absolutely right. Of course that we wanted ‘the best’ for our child by buying everything new and being paranoid too much all the time. Although, I will need to talk to my wife, but I think that she is also definitely tired of spending too much money unnecessary.

Matt B
    Participant

You really don’t need to spend so much, because as we have already said and made a conclusion-a baby doesn’t care about it. You are the baby’s best toy, trust me. I know, it is all sweet and everyone buys everything new, but that is exactly why they don’t have enough money for some other things, don’t you agree?

Philip D
    Participant

I agree with Matt. Baby is really not interested in all those toys. Make sure that the environment is colorful because babies don’t like blacks and whites. They don’t find it interesting. And yes, you are their best toy. But, when talking about toys, I would also like to recommend to buy intellectual ones, because they are great for babies development. Besides that, they really don’t cost much. When you think about buying something expensive for your son or daughter, always remember that it won’t last long, because babies break everything easily. Wish you all the best and enjoy every day with your baby, because they grow up so fast, trust me!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.