- America First Credit Union Login Tutorial & Info
- Address: 3650 South Wall Avenue, Ogden, UT 84405
- Website: https://www.americafirst.com/
- Telephone Number: 1-800-999-3961
- Headquartered In: Utah
- Founded: 1939 (79 years ago)
- Bank's Rating:
America First Credit Union (AFCU) is a credit union that’s federally chartered. It’s the 6th largest credit union in the country by membership numbers and the 11th largest going by the value of its assets.
AFCU has 121 branches and its members have now exceeded 818,000. Their assets are now valued at more than $8.22 billion.
This credit union is a member of the CO-OP Network. This means its members can use around 30,000 ATMs throughout the country for free.
People who are eligible to join this credit union include:
- Anyone who lives, works, schools, worships, volunteers or does business in Clark County in Nevada or any of Utah’s major counties.
- Anyone living within 12 miles of the Mesquite, Nevada city post office
- Family members of a current member of the credit union or someone who’s eligible to join the credit union.
- Those involved or associated with the food industry in Utah
- Members of an affiliated association
- People belonging to select employee groups in Utah
The History of AFCU
AFCU was started back in 1939 as the Fort Douglas Civilian Employees Credit Union. The founding members were 59 members of the National Federation of Federal Employees.
In 1947, the U.S. Army’s finance office at Fort Douglas was shifted to the General Distribution Depot in Ogden. The credit union shifted with it and its name was changed to Federal Employees Credit Union.
By 1960, the credit union was associated with four military facilities i.e.:
- Navy Supply Depot in Clearfield
- Fort Douglas
- Hill Air Force Base
- Utah General Depot
The headquarters of AFCU are still located in Ogden, Utah. They are currently situated on 3650 South Wall Avenue.
AFCU offers a broad range of services with various incentives. As a credit union, it offers basic banking services and products such as:
- Checking and savings accounts
- Certificate accounts
Members can either choose the regular accounts or accounts that are specifically set aside for special purposes such as health bills, weddings, money markets, education etc.
Accounts come with various added functions such as:
- Online banking platforms
- Convenient bill payments systems
- Online bank statements
- Electronic alerts
- FICO scores etc.
The credit union also provides a variety of Visa cards including credit cards, debit cards and gift cards. The cards come with EMV chips for added security and members can also earn rewards by using the cards.
As expected, being able to access more affordable loans is one of the reasons why many people like credit unions. AFCU has a wide array of these loans. Some of the loans that members can take out include:
- Car loans
- RV loans
- Home equity loans
- Investment property loans
- Mortgage refinancing etc.
For members who are starting or have already started a business, they can also open business checking and savings accounts. They can also access business loans from the credit union which they can use to:
- Buy vehicles for business
- Equipment leasing and financing
- Purchase/leasing of commercial real estate etc.
There are also different account levels depending on the size of the business and other factors.
America First Credit Union Headquarters Address
3650 South Wall Avenue, Ogden, UT 84405