- 1st Bank Login Tutorial & Info
- Address: 12345 W Colfax Ave, Lakewood, CO 80215, USA
- Website: https://www.efirstbank.com/
- Telephone Number: 1-800-964-3444
- Headquartered In: Arizona
- Founded: 1963 (56 years ago)
- Bank's Rating:
FirstBank which also goes by the name 1stBank is a company specializing in banking and financial services. It is based in Colorado.
The bank is privately held and has more than 115 banking centers in 3 states:
The bank’s headquarters are located in Lakewood and is Colorado’s 2nd largest bank in terms of deposits. The bank is a member of the FDIC.
The bank’s current deposits are valued at more than $17 billion with deposits that now exceed $14 billion as of the end of 2016.
By 2017, the bank was employing more than 2,300 people at its various locations.
History of First Bank
FirstBank was founded by George and Everett Williams in 1963 in a partnership with a number of other people. The group started discussing plans for the bank back in 1962.
When the bank was officially launched in February of 1963, it was known as Westland National Bank. By May of the same year, the bank already had 800 accounts. Some major points in the history of the bank included:
- 1963 – The bank became the second bank in Denver to offer banking during weekends
- 1965 – The bank acquired Erie Bank which became the banks 2nd extension although it had a separate charter
- 1967 – The bank formed WEERVA Inc. to serve as its subsidiary for insurance related business
- 1972 – The bank moved to a new headquarters in Lakewood
- 1978 – The holding company and all associated banks changed their name to 1stBank
- 1985 – The bank opened its first location outside Colorado in Palm Desert, Ca
- 1999 – The bank started to offer internet banking services
- 2007 – The bank expands into Arizona with 3 new locations in Phoenix
- 2013 – The bank launched its mobile banking applications for Android and Apple devices.
The bank has grown significantly in size over the past few decades. Back in 1980, the bank was ranked 8th in the stated in terms of deposits. Ten years later it was 6th and by 2000 it had risen to 3rd Position. The bank reached 2nd place in 2016.
The bank’s corporate offices are located at 12345 W. Colfax Avenue in Lakewood. The building was completed in 1995 but has since undergone expansion and renovation several times.
The building’s first expansion was carried out in 2003. This added 40,000 square feet to the building’s existing 60,000.
It’s most recent expansion more than doubled the amount of square footage available in the building to 227,000 and the building will now be able to accommodate up to 1400 employees. The cost of the expansion is estimated at $50 million.
Some of the features of the headquarters building as it is include:
- Designed to achieve an LEED Gold Certification (pending)
- Advanced HVAC systems for energy efficiency and comfort
- Newly designed entrance and lobby featuring textured walls, printed glass and wood paneling
- Rooftop patio
- Fitness center where employees can receive exercise classes for free
- Cafeteria that serves lunch and breakfast
The building is still only four stories tall with the bank opting to expand sideways rather than upwards.
First Bank Headquarters Address
12345 W Colfax Ave, Lakewood, CO 80215, USA