- Bank of America Login Tutorial & Info
- Address: 100 North Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC 28255
- Website: https://bankofamerica.com
- Telephone Number: (800) 432-1000
- Headquartered In: North Carolina
- Founded: 1998 (22 years ago)
- Bank's Rating:
Bank of America is an institution that lives up to its name. Around 80% of the American population are currently able to access the institution’s retail banking services.
It can truly be seen as a bank that serves the whole of the United States of America.
However, this bank’s origins were as an institution that was known as the Bank of Italy.
The bank was established to cater to immigrants who were only just settling in. Other institutions at that time, denied the immigrants banking services.
The bank was established in San Francisco but would later expand to other parts of California and the U.S.
BOA by the Numbers
- 50 – Bank of America operates in all the 50 states. It can also be found in the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and over 40 countries around the world.
- 47 Million – The institution’s retail banking services has a consumer base of around 47 million ranging from individual consumers to small businesses.
- 4500 – The bank currently has 4500 financial centers that offer retail services. These are also backed up by around 16000 ATMs.
- 34 Million – Bank of America’s mobile banking platforms have around 34 million active accounts which are held by 24 million users.
- $2.5 Trillion – This is the balance of all the clients who are currently part of the bank’s wealth management businesses.
- 2nd – This is the spot held by Bank of America in the list of the largest banks in the U.S. based on their assets.
The headquarters of Bank of America is the Bank of America Corporate Center. This imposing 871-ft tall skyscraper is located in Uptown Charlotte.
At 60 stories high, it’s currently the tallest building in the state of North Carolina and the 31st tallest in the country.
The Bank of America Corporate Center was completed in 1992. It can be seen from as far away as 35 miles away with the naked eye.
The construction faced several challenges, notably Hurricane Hugo, which caused some damage to the construction site.
The building has been featured in several movies including Shallow Hal. It can also be seen in a few scenes in the movie Nell.
Services Offered by BOA
Bank of America provides consumers with a wide range of financial services. Its consumers can be divided into:
- Individual customers,
Some of the services individuals can make use of include:
- Retail banking: The bank has one of the largest retail banking footprints of any banking institution in the country. It offers a wide range of financial services to individuals.
- Wealth Management: Bank of America’s Merrill Lynch Wealth Management provides services that are aimed at helping consumers build or manage their wealth.
Large Companies can get services that include:
- Business Banking: The business banking service for companies incorporates credit solutions, equipment finance, foreign exchange and other products that small and mid-sized companies can use.
- Global Commercial Banking: From financial guidance to underwriting of debt and equity, BOA can help you to expand your business to other countries.
Bank of America Headquarters Address
100 North Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC 28255