- First Interstate Bank Login Tutorial & Info
- Address: First Interstate Center, 401 N 31st St, Billings, MT 59101, USA
- Website: https://www.firstinterstatebank.com
- Telephone Number: 888-752-3332
- Headquartered In: Montana
- Founded: 1968 (52 years ago)
- Bank's Rating:
First Interstate Bank is the main subsidiary of First Interstate BancSystem, Inc. This financial institution is based in the City of Billings in Montana.
First Interstate Bank is a community bank and has assets currently valued at $120 million. It has more than 120 banking location which are located in the six states i.e.:
- South Dakota
First Interstate Bank is a member of the FDIC and is the employer of more than 2000 people. At the beginning of 2018, customer deposits in the bank had reached $9.9 billion.
History of First Interstate Bank
Having been established in 1968, First Interstate Bank isn’t old compared to other banks of similar size. A brief timeline of its existence goes as follows:
- 1968 – The bank is founded by Homer Scott, Sr. after he purchases the Bank of Commerce which is located in Sheridan, Wyoming. The bank is established with the aim of serving the local community.
- 1970 – Homer Scott, Sr. purchases the Security Trust and Savings Bank which is located in Billings, Montana. This acquisition will be pivotal to the bank’s future.
- 1971 – A holding company is incorporated by the bank’s founder and over the next 10 years, 6 de novo banks are established and 2 more banks are acquired.
- 1981 – The Bank has a total of 10 branches
- 1984 – The bank enters into a franchise agreement with First Interstate Bancorp. The latter is located in Los Angeles, CA. The bank starts using the name ‘First Interstate’ for its operations in Wyoming and Montana
- 1996 – First Interstate Bancorp is acquired by Wells Fargo. The bank acquires six offices in Wyoming and Montana that were operated by First Interstate Bancorp and starts to use the name ‘First Interstate’ exclusively in Wyoming, Montana, Colorado, Utah, North Dakota, Idaho, South Dakota and Nebraska.
- 1999 – The bank has 42 branches and the assets, deposits and loans have increased significantly.
- 2008 – The bank moves into South Dakota through the purchase of First Western Bank. It gets 18 branch offices in the deal.
- 2015 – The bank Acquires Absarokee Bancorporation, Inc. and Mountain West Financial Corp.
- 2016 – The bank expands its presence in Montana and lays the groundwork for the acquisition of Bank of the Cascades in Oregon.
- 2017 – The bank gets the rights to use the First Interstate logo and name in all of the US after years of franchising it.
First Interstate Bank Headquarters
The headquarters of First Interstate Bank are located at First Interstate Center in Billings, Montana. This building is a key landmark in the area and is located in the Transwestern Plaza.
First Interstate Center is the tallest building in the state of Montana, standing at a height of 272 feet. It has a total of 20 floors which are serviced by 6 elevators. The building is also the tallest in the northern Rockies.
Construction of First Interstate Center started in 1984 and was completed in 1985. First Interstate Bank is a 50% owner and the main tenant in the building.
First Interstate Bank Headquarters Address
First Interstate Center, 401 N 31st St, Billings, MT 59101, USA