- Great Western Bank Login Tutorial & Info
- Address: 225 S Main Ave, Sioux Falls, SD 57104, USA
- Website: https://www.greatwesternbank.com
- Telephone Number: 1-800-952-2043
- Headquartered In: South Dakota
- Founded: 1935 (85 years ago)
- Bank's Rating:
Great Western Bank is the banking division of Great Western Bancorp Inc., a holding company. This regional bank is based in the South Dakota City of Sioux Falls. Presently, the bank operates more than 170 branches and these are distributed in nine states:
- South Dakota
- North Dakota
The bank currently has assets valued at $11.45 billion and employs almost 1,500 employees in its branches.
History of Great Western Bank
Great Western Bank first received its charter back in 1935. National Australia Bank was the bank’s parent institution at some point but it eventually sold its remaining stake in the bank in July 2015.
TierOne Bank, in Lincoln, Nebraska, was taken over by Great Western in 2010. In 2015, HF Financial Corp which is also based in Sioux Falls and is Home Federal Bank’s parent company was also taken over by Great Western.
The acquisition of HF Financial Corp was expected to create an institution that would have $11.3 billion in assets and $8.6 billion in deposits. The deal went through for an estimated $139 million.
Home Federal received its charter much earlier, in 1929, when it started off as Home Federal Savings Association.
The main offices of Great Western Bank are located at 225 S. Main Avenue in downtown Sioux Falls. This branch of the bank offers services through the lobby and also Drive Up. These services are available from Monday to Friday.
Banking Products and Services
Great Western Bank offers a wide variety of products and services these include:
- Personal Checking accounts
- Mortgage services
- Savings accounts
- Mobile access
Customers are able to open accounts with their bank over the internet for added convenience.
The bank also has a section with a special focus on agribusiness. This is an area that the bank has been specializing in since it first started operating. In the United States, Great Western is the 5th largest lender to agribusiness customers.
For people in agribusiness, some of the benefits of going to Great Western include:
- Industry experience: The bank has provided financial services to this industry for years and have a good grasp of what your needs will be
- Flexibility: The bank tailors financial solutions to fit the needs of individual customers
- Committed: This is an area of specialization for this particular bank and they are likely to be in it for a long time.
- Single point of contact: For easier communication
- Specialists: They help you to achieve your goals
For those who choose Great Western Bank for agribusiness financing, some of the options they’ll be able to enjoy include:
- Electronic payments
- Interest only payments
- Variable interest rates
- Loan terms reaching 25 years
- Flexible repayment frequencies
- Balloon payments etc.
The bank also offers a variety of crop insurance solutions including multi-peril solutions, hail protection etc.
Apart from agribusiness, Great Western also provides financing solutions for people in other businesses. Wealth management solutions are also available for people planning for retirement or those with a high net worth.
Great Western Bank Headquarters Address
225 S Main Ave, Sioux Falls, SD 57104, USA