- Key Bank Login Tutorial & Info
- Address: 127 Public Square, Cleveland, Ohio 44114
- Website: https://www.key.com
- Telephone Number: +1 800-539-2968
- Headquartered In: Ohio
- Founded: 1825 (195 years ago)
- Bank's Rating:
Key Bank’s roots go back to two institutions that were formed in the 1800s. These were the:
- Commercial Bank of Albany, New York – Founded in 1825
- Cleveland’s Society for Savings – Founded in 1849
The bank now operates as the main subsidiary of KeyCorp. KeyCorp came about in 19944 following the merger of KeyCorp of Albany, New York and Society Corporation of Cleveland.
KeyCorp currently is currently No. 29 in the list of largest banks in the U.S. in terms of total value of assets. In terms of market capitalization, it’s the 19th largest bank in the country.
KeyBank: The Facts and Figures
KeyBank’s retail services are currently available in 15 states in the U.S. These are:
- New York
It’s also present in the District of Columbia.
The bank has 1217 branches that provide the full range of services offered by the bank. These are supplemented by more than 1500 ATMs. The bank has more than 18,000 employees (Full-time equivalent).
The bank’s assets at the end of March 2017 were valued at $134 billion. At the end of 2016, the bank had collected revenue of up to $5 billion in the 12 months before then.
KeyCorp and its subsidiary, KeyBank, are headquartered at Key Tower in Cleveland, Ohio. The skyscraper’s south side faces Public Square in the city center.
Key Tower is the tallest building in Ohio, the 26th tallest in the U.S. and the 165th tallest in the whole world. The building has a height of 947 feet containing 57 stories. It can be seen from as far off as 20 miles.
The building was opened in 1992 and was then known as Society Center. At that time, it served as the headquarters of Society Corporation before Society merged with KeyCorp. One of the reasons why Society Center was chosen as the headquarters after the merger was the fact it was seen as more representative of the banks status.
The tower has several other tenants apart from the bank and these include the international law firm Squire Patton Bogs and BakerHostetler, the American law firm.
One of the distinct features of the building is the pyramid at the top. Since 2005, all four sides of the pyramid’s base have a 15-foot illuminated key, KeyBank’s logo.
KeyBank offers a wide range of products and services. These include:
- Consumer banking services
- Private bank services
- Business banking
- Commercial banking etc.
There is also the Key Corporate bank whose services extended outside the 15 states where the bank offers its retail services. Key Corporate Bank has a presence all over the use and in over 30 other countries. Its main divisions are:
- Corporate banking services: Treasury management, foreign exchanger services etc.
- KeyBanc Capital Markets: Corporate and investment banking services
- Key Equipment Finance: Solutions for leasing and financing equipment purchases
- Institutional Asset Services: Trust, custody and admin services
- KeyBank Real Estate Capital: Real estate finance, interim finance, cash management etc.
KeyBank Headquarters Address
127 Public Square, Cleveland, Ohio 44114