- Spokane Teachers Credit Union (STCU) Login Tutorial & Info
- Address: 1620 N Signal Dr, Liberty Lake, WA 99019, USA
- Website: https://stcu.org
- Telephone Number: (509) 326-1954
- Headquartered In: Washington
- Founded: 1995 (25 years ago)
- Bank's Rating:
Spokane Teachers Credit Union or STCU is a state chartered credit union that’s based in Washington State. It’s regulated by the NCUA.
The credit union was founded in 1934 and currently, some of the key figures about it are:
- The credit union has assets valued at approximately $2.6 billion
- The credit union currently has around 177,000 members
- The credit union is the employer of more than 640 individuals
- There are a total of 21 branch offices plus Home Loan Centers
- In terms of its asset size, STCU is the 3rd largest credit union in the state of Washington
Membership Eligibility for STCU
There are several ways to qualify to become a member of STCU. These are:
- Residing, working, schooling or worshiping in select counties in Washington or North Idaho
- Having relatives who live in North Idaho or Washington. You qualify whether you’re related by blood, adoption or marriage
- If you’re an underage student or a student going to college in Washington or a university that’s in any of the Idaho counties associated with STCU.
- Being an employee of a business or organization that is affiliated with STCU
As a member of STCU your will be eligible to receive a wide array of benefits including ATMs without surcharges plus access to many shared branches.
History of Spokane Teachers Credit Union
Spokane Teachers Credit Union was launched in 1934. An English teacher by the name of Ernie McElvain is the one who launched the institution, collecting the money from his fellow teachers.
At that time, the credit union used a shoebox to hold their receipts and cash. Due to lack of easy means of communication. A bell was hung on a rope on a second story window. Members would pull the rope to let the credit union know that they were there.
At the end of its first year the bank had assets that were valued at $4000 and the number of members had reached 120.
In 1964, 30 years after the credit union had started, STCU finally left the high school and opened its very first office.
Headquarters of Spokane Teachers Credit Union
The corporate offices of Spokane Teachers Credit Union are located at 1620 N Signal Drive in Liberty Lake, Washington.
The building is only one story high and has a masonry type exterior. This building should not be confused with the credit union’s main branch which is located at 106 W Nora Avenue in Spokane.
STCU offers a wide variety of financial products and services to its members. Of its 21 branches, 8 are located in the city of Spokane. There is one each in the following Washington communities:
- Spokane Valley
- Liberty Lake
- Airway Heights
The credit union also has five branches in the state of Idaho.
This credit union started offering online banking services back in 1997. The bank is currently part of the CU Service Center Network. The bank is also a member of CO-OP Financial Services. This allows the members to access their money and services at many locations in the country and around the world.
Spokane Teachers Credit Union Headquarters Address
1620 N Signal Dr, Liberty Lake, WA 99019, USA