- Valley National Bank Login Tutorial & Info
- Address: 1455 Valley Rd, Wayne, NJ 07470, USA
- Website: https://www.valleynationalbank.com
- Telephone Number: 1-800-522-4100
- Headquartered In: New Jersey
- Founded: 1927 (93 years ago)
- Bank's Rating:
Valley National Bank is the banking arm of Valley National Bancorp which is based in Wayne, NJ. Valley National Bancorp is a regional bank holding company.
The banking subsidiary, Valley National Bank, has over 230 branch offices and these are located in:
- New Jersey
- Long Island
- Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens in New York
Currently, the value of the bank’s assets are worth an estimated $28 billion. The holding company is traded on the New York Stock Exchange where it uses the ticker symbol VLY. It’s a component of the S&P 400.
History of Valley National Bank
The story of Valley National Bank started in 1927 in Passaic,NJ. This was when the bank was established as the Passaic Park Trust Company. In the 30s, the bank did some rebranding and became the Bank of Passaic and Trust Company.
In 1956, the bank’s name would once again be changed. This time, it would become the Bank of Passaic and Clifton following its acquisition of the Bank of Allwood which was headquartered in Clifton, NJ.
The bank was named Valley National Bank in 1976. This was after it acquire the Bank of Wayne. In 1983, the bank holding company, Valley National Bancorp, was formed.
In 1999, the bank finally moved its headquarters to Wayne, NJ. This was after they acquired the Ramapo Bank which was based in Wayne. In 2018, the bank would be involved in another major deal when it merged with USAmeriBancorp, Inc.
Valley National Bancorp has made many acquisitions over the course of its existence, especially in recent decades. Some of the financial institutions that they’ve acquired over the years included:
- Bankers National Bank, Elmwood Park – 1977
- Liberty National Bank, Hillsdale – 1981
- Fair Lawn State Bank – 1982
- First National Bank and Trust Co. – 1984
- Rock Financial Corporation – 1994; the deal was worth $45.8 million in stock
- Wayne Bancorp – 1998
- Merchants Bank – 2000; deal paid for with $375 million in stock
- Shrewsbury Bancorp – 2004; deal worth $136 million
- State Bank of Long Island – 2012
- 1st United Bancorp – 2014
- USAmeriBancorp – 2017; the deal is said to have cost $816 million
Valley National Bank Headquarters
The banks main offices are located at 1455 Valley Road in Wayne, NJ. Although these are the bank’s main offices, the bank also has a number of important hubs such as their New York corporate offices which are located at One Penn Plaza
One Penn Plaza is Pennsylvania Plaza’s tallest building at a height of 750 feet. Construction of the skyscraper concluded in 1972. Valley National Bank shares the premises with many other high profile tenants such as Cisco Systems, Baker Tilly, URS Corporation and MarkLogic.
Valley National Bank Products and Services
Valley National Bank offers the expected retail banking products and services such as:
- Checking and savings accounts
- Lending facilities and mortgages
- Asset management services
- Estate Planning
- Insurance etc.
The bank also has a number of products and services that are geared towards commercial customers such as auto dealers, health care providers, real estate investors etc.
Valley National Bank Headquarters Address
1455 Valley Rd, Wayne, NJ 07470, USA