- Banner Bank Login Tutorial & Info
- Address: 10 S 1st Ave, Walla Walla, WA 99362, USA
- Website: https://www.bannerbank.com/
- Telephone Number: 800-272-9933
- Headquartered In: Washington
- Founded: 1890 (130 years ago)
- Bank's Rating:
Banner Bank is a financial institution that’s based and chartered in Washington State. The bank offers community banking services through its branches which are now located in:
The bank also offers financing solutions for construction, commercial real estate etc. Consumers’ deposits in the bank are secured by the FDIC and the bank is also a member of the Federal Home Loan Bank System.
The bank’s parent company, Banner Corporation, trades on the NASDAQ Global Market under BANR. Banner Corporation currently has assets valued at $10.2 billion.
The bank has 175 branches which offer the full range of services offered by the bank. It also has an additional 13 loan offices. These are distributed within 55 counties in the states where the bank is present.
History of Banner Bank
- 1890 – The bank was established under the name First Federal Savings and Loan Association
- 1982 – Acquired Home Federal Savings and Loan Association
- 1988 – Changed into a Mutual Savings Bank and changed its name to First Federal Savings Bank of Washington
- 1991 – Changed its name to First Savings Bank of Washington
- 1995 – The organization was changed into a Stock Savings Bank
- 1999 – Acquisitions of Whatcom State Bank and Seaport Citizens’ Bank of Bellingham, WA and Lewiston, ID respectively.
- 2000 – Changed into a commercial bank, acquire Towne Bank before changing its name to Banner Bank as the organization undergoes reorganization.
- 2001 – Acquires Banner Bank of Oregon
- 2002 – Acquires Oregon Business Bank
- 2007 – Acquires F&M Bank and NCW Community Bank
- 2015 – Acquires Siuslaw Bank and AmercianWest Bank
Before changing its name to Banner Corp, not all the bank’s branches operated under the same name. The branches in Idaho and Washington used brands such as:
- Seaport Citizens Bank
- Towne Bank
- First Savings Bank
- Whatcom State Bank
This changed after the year 2000. The company has grown in the past by acquiring other banks and also by de novo expansion. In 2006, the bank acquired Islanders Bank in San Jan County. However, unlike the bank’s other acquisition, this bank is still chartered and managed separately.
The acquisition of AmericanWest Bank which was based in Spokane was quite significant since it added 105 branches to Banner Bank and also introduced the bank to two new states; California and Utah.
Banner Bank Headquarters
The headquarters of Banner Bank are located on 10 S. 1st Avenue in Walla Walla, Washington. There is a branch of the bank that is located at the same place. The lobby is open from Monday to Friday. Drive-up services are however not available.
Banner Bank Products and Services
The bank’s customers can access a wide range of financial products and services. There are standard retail banking products and services such as:
- Checking and Savings accounts
- Home equity loans
- Personal loans
- Student loans
- Money Market accounts etc.
The bank also has a variety of products and services that are geared towards those looking for business solutions such as financing for:
- Property construction
- Multifamily buildings etc.
Customers of the bank can get access to many of these products online and through their phones.
Banner Bank Headquarters Address
10 S 1st Ave, Walla Walla, WA 99362, USA