- Citizens Bank Login Tutorial & Info
- Address: One Citizens Plaza, Providence, RI 02903
- Website: https://www.citizensbank.com/
- Telephone Number: 800-656-6561
- Headquartered In: Rhode Island
- Founded: 1828 (195 years ago)
- Bank's Rating:
Citizen’s is one of the oldest banks in the U.S. with a history that dates back to 1828. It’s currently the 12th largest retail bank. It operates in 12 states in the country. These are:
- New Hampshire
- New York
- Rhode Island
- New Jersey
In 2015, the bank became fully independent, having been a subsidiary of RBS for more than 25 years before then. It’s now a publicly-traded company following the largest IPO for a commercial bank in the history of the U.S.
Citizens Bank provides many different banking services and products to customers that include individual citizens, small businesses and large corporations.
Citizen Bank Numbers
- As of 30th September 2017, the bank had 1200 branches and 3200 ATMs in the states in which it is operating.
- The Banks total assets are valued at $151.4 billion w
- As of the most recent reports, the total deposits stood at $113.2 billion
- In 2016, the bank’s total number of employees was 17,600
The Early Years
Citizens Financial Group started off as High Street Bank back in 1828. Its name would be changed to Citizens Savings Bank in 1871. The bank only had 29 branches in Rhode Island and assets worth $1 billion in 1981.
The RBS Group acquired the bank in 1988 leading to a period of rapid expansion. 25 bank acquisitions later, Citizens Bank was suddenly a larger retail bank with assets worth $170 billion by the time the global financial crisis started.
The headquarters of Citizen’s Bank is One Citizens Plaza in Providence, Rhode Island. This is a 13-story building that’s located where Rivers Woonasquatucket and Moshassuck meet.
The building stands at 180 feet tall and is the joint 13th-tallest building in Providence. It has a total of 13 floors. Construction of this building was completed in 1991. One expert described the building’s floorplan as effective and stated that the location was ideal for a commercial building.
Citizens Bank has received numerous awards of the years. Some of its more recent awards and recognitions include:
- Being included in Money Magazine’s list of best banks in the country in 2013 and 2014. This was attributed to the banks customer convenience.
- com, a personal finance website called it the best bank for Baby Boomers in 2014.
The bank has also received multiple awards in community commitment and Civic leadership such as the 2013 Nation Corporation of the Year award and the Consumer Bankers Association Joe Belew Award in 2015.
Another area in which the bank has received plenty of recognition is in its treatment of its own employees e.g.
- In 2014, Professional Woman’s Magazine gave the bank its “Best of The Best” award
- In 2014, the Black EOE Journal also awarded the bank its “Best of The Best” award
- GI Jobs also recognized the bank as a Military Friendly Employer in 2014
- The bank was also named one of the best places to work in Massachusetts in 2012 by the Boston Business Journal
Citizens Bank Headquarters Address
One Citizens Plaza, Providence, RI 02903