- Lake Michigan Credit Union Login Tutorial & Info
- Address: 5540 Glenwood Hills Pkwy SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49512, USA
- Website: https://www.lmcu.org
- Telephone Number: (800) 242-9790
- Headquartered In: Michigan
- Founded: 1933 (87 years ago)
- Bank's Rating:
Lake Michigan Credit Union is Grand Rapids based Credit Union. The credit union had a total of 36 branches which can be found all over Michigan (as of 2011).
In Western Michigan, the credit union is currently the largest financial institution. It is also the largest credit union in the whole of Michigan.
This credit union is regulated by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). It’s federally insured and chartered by the state of Michigan. The credit union received its charter in 1933.
By the end of 2017, the company’s financial summary was as follows:
- Members: 395, 115
- Savings: $4,144,412,619
- Loans: $3, 964,410,277
- Assets: $5,263,994,997
History of Lake Michigan Credit Union
This credit union was established in 1933 in the wake of the Depression. Lloyd F. Hutt, brought together a number of his fellow teachers to form the Grand Rapids Teachers Credit Union. There were 13 original members and the credit union was operated by Lloyd F. Hutt from his own house.
By 1959, the credit union had grown and had 1000 members and assets valued at $1 million. The Grand Rapids Teachers Credit Union was finally relocated from Hutt’s house to their very first offices at 2424 South Division Street.
The credit union opened an office in Michigan Street in 1971. The Assets of the credit union had already grown to $10 million by then and the credit union had now started to manage a number of other credit unions.
By 1992, the credit union was boasting more than $120 million worth of assets and their membership numbers had grown to around 33,000. For the credit unions that GRTCU was managing, their asset values had grown to $40 million. In the same year, the credit union acquired Aquinas College Credit Union.
Other significant events that would follow include:
- 1996 – opening of the Total Lending Center which offers lending services all day, every day.
- 1997 – GRTCU acquires Blodgett Hospital Credit Union. Home banking via PC is also introduced later the same year
- 1998 – The Credit Union Corporate Center is opened at 3809 Lake Eastbrook Boulevard
- 1999 – Internet home banking is finally available to members
- 2001 – The other credit unions being managed are merged into Grand Rapids Teachers Credit Union
- 2002 – The credit union finally changes its name to Lake Michigan Credit Union and adopts a new logo. The charter of the credit union is also changed to a community charter.
Lake Michigan Credit Union Headquarters
The corporate offices of Lake Michigan Credit Union are located 5540 Glenwood Hills Pkwy SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49512, USA.
LMCU Products and Services
This credit union offers a wide range of products and services that its members can take advantage of. These include standard banking services such as:
- Checking and savings accounts
- Credit cards
- Car loans
- Mortgages and refinancing
- Home equity loans etc.
Additionally, the credit union also provides business related banking products and services including insurance of property and cars. You can also use it to organize employee benefit programs. Members can also enjoy certain perks from specific retailers.
Lake Michigan Credit Union Headquarters Address
5540 Glenwood Hills Pkwy SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49512, USA