- Redstone Federal Credit Union Login Tutorial & Info
- Address: 220 Wynn Dr NW, Huntsville, AL 35893, USA
- Website: https://www.redfcu.org
- Telephone Number: 800-234-1234
- Headquartered In: Alabama
- Founded: 1951 (68 years ago)
- Bank's Rating:
Redstone Federal Credit Union (RFCU) is a credit union from Huntsville, Alabama. The credit union is federally chartered and is the biggest credit union in the state. It’s insured and regulated via the NCUA (National Credit Union Administration).
This credit union currently has 24 branches which are located in Central Tennessee and North Alabama. However, the credit union members can still use thousands of ATMs in the United States and other locations around the world without a surcharge.
The membership of the credit union has already exceeded 400,000 while its assets were valued at 4.8 billion by June 30th 2017. The credit union is ranked in the top 25 in terms of size in the United States.
History of Redstone Federal Credit Union
This credit union was chartered in 1951 and it was established to serve the needs of individuals who were employed at the Redstone Arsenal.
The credit union initially had only 11 members. Each contributed 5$ and this brought the credit unions assets to $55 at the very beginning. The meagre sum was kept in a shoebox inside their first office inside the arsenal.
Despite the growth the credit union has experienced over the years, those looking to join in are still just required to deposit $5.
The main offices of Redstone Federal Credit Union are located at 220 Wynn Dr Huntsville, AL 35814.
Over the years, RFCU has changed the eligibility requirements and now employees of more than 1500 organizations, employers and clubs can join the credit union. Some of the companies whose employees can join the credit union include:
- 4 Seasons Heating and Cooling
- Absolute Nutrition
- Advance Auto Parts
- Aero Thermo Technology Inc.
- Aerospace Products SE Inc.
- Alabama National Guard
- Alabama Climate Control
- Agri-City Tractor Inc.
- American Alloy Fabrication Inc. etc.
Most of these companies are located in Huntsville and nearby counties in Alabama. However, it’s not just employees of companies who can join. Members of groups such as 100 Black Men of America and Infragard Huntsville Members Alliance are also eligible to join.
In addition to these groups, others who can join the credit union are:
- Persons with an immediate family member who is already a member of the credit union
- People living in the same household as a member of RFCU
- Government contractors and employees working at the Redstone Arsenal or elsewhere in Madison County
- Members of the military and their dependents in Madison County
- Members of the reserve in Madison County
- Members of the National Guard in Morgan, Limestone, Lincoln (TN) and Madison counties
Members of RFCU are entitled to many benefits. These include:
- Dividends: Since this is a not-for-profit organization, the surplus goes back to the members
- Discounts: There are many retailers in Alabama and Tennessee who offer discounts to members of this credit union
- Free seminars: The credit union holds many seminars which members can attend for free. Issues discussed are varied including planning for retirement and identity theft
- Scholarships: Member of the credit union pursuing higher education can get a scholarship
Redstone Federal Credit Union Headquarters Address
220 Wynn Dr NW, Huntsville, AL 35893, USA